Job Title: Mobile Survey Technician
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri (Some
Work Location: Road
Hourly-Subject to Overtime
Primary Duties and
- Travel to location of Gas Company under
- Report to Gas Company as a representative of Southern Cross
- Walk (or drive as per contract) gas lines checking for
- Detect, locate, and evaluate leaks using prescribed
- Report leaks to Gas Company under
- Complete required paperwork and sketches.
- Read Gas Company maps.
- Perform light manual labor.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
- Assist in training survey technician trainees and
- Reasonable special tasks as assigned by survey
- Survey Technician is responsible for the proper operation, field
maintenance, and security of all assigned equipment.
- Survey Technician is responsible for the conduct of the survey
according to the Survey Work Order and Southern Cross Corp. standard procedures. Any deviation must
first be cleared through the Survey Dispatcher.
- Job entails extensive walking, normally outdoors, over varying
terrain, and in varying weather conditions.
- You MUST have a RECREATIONAL VEHICLE (a motor vehicle equipped
with living space and amenities found in a home. For instance: Fifth-wheel trailer, Motorhome, RV,
etc.) in order to apply for this position.
- Valid Driver's License; dependable vehicle for transportation to
contract location and available for use as "On The Job Transportation".
- For “Couples” Applicants – It is required that both of the
applicants have a vehicle.
- Must feel comfortable working outdoors, over varying terrain, and
in varying weather conditions.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable completion of substance
abuse screening and criminal background checks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have legible, neat handwriting and be able to do simple
- Flame Pack, Fuel Cylinder (45 lbs.), Mobile Survey Truck,
Combustible Gas Indicator, Probe Bar, Pipe Locator, and others as assigned.
Amount of Customer and/or Public Contact:
Constant contact with customer and public.
Interrelationship and/or Supervisory Skills
Needed: Must be able to make decisions concerning the safety of a leakage situation and
report these to the Gas Company. Must enter yards searching for leaks and be able to respond to
questions from the public without causing undue anxiety. Must be able to coordinate survey with Gas
- The wage for this position is $9.00/HR.
- Travel allowance is $200/week
- Reimbursement for usage of personal vehicle is $2.30/HR - This
hourly vehicle use rate is normally used and will vary for each gas leakage survey
- Transportation between assignments is paid at $.805 per mile – if
you are hauling/towing an RV.
- Upon completion of training and completion of two weeks on first
assignment, the technician will receive a training/reporting bonus of $500. Technicians will also
be paid incentives when assisting in training another Technician.
- The technician is guaranteed travel expense plus 24 hours wages
each week, should he/she be unable to work due to weather. Overtime is paid after 40 hours per week
at a rate of 1.5 times the hourly wage. On average, our technicians work 36 to 40 hours each week
over the course of a year.
Our benefits package reflects our respect for workplace contributions,
professional goals and personal priorities. When you join Southern Cross, you will be eligible
- Choice of medical, dental and vision plans, a 401(k)
- Paid holiday
- Paid vacations
Please click here to apply: https://southerncrossjobs.clickandhire.net
Get Paid To Pull Our Trailer
**Have RV--Will travel...
-use your own RV to pull our/your enclosed, 20ft trailer,
to any any state throughout the country.
-use our authority/insurance to travel through each
-contents of the trailer include used household goods, no flamables
-must possess a class "A" license or be willing to get
-pay would depend on how far out you would be willing to
*If you are towing anything behind your RV currently, the class "A"
test will be a breeze.
**We have just secured over 5k trips with these trailers and need to
find as many RV ers as possible.
-years of driving experience
-year/make/model of RV
-states you would like to travel
-any further questions
Work Camper Positions at Recreation Resource
Volunteer campground hosting is great, but getting paid is
better. At Recreation Resource
Management you can apply for paid campground host,
maintenance, interpreter, or general manager position in ten states including:
- New Mexico
Recreation Resource Management is a privately owned company that has
long-term concession agreements with National Forest and state park campgrounds and recreational
facilities. Visit www.work-camping.com to apply for one of their many positions.
uShip could give you a
little extra pocket change if you have extra space in your RV or truck. Visit their website to learn about
this interesting opportunity at www.uship.com.
American Land & Leisure is a campground management corporation that operates campgrounds in National Forests in
California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Michigan, West Virginia, Kentucky and
Florida and in the Pacific Gas & Electric Watersheds in a number of areas in northern and southern
California. Visit www.americanll.com to find out about applying for a job.
Legacy RV Resorts hires
for their RV resorts in eight states. Visit www.legacyrvresorts.com to learn more about the job
Are you interested in employment at a Jellystone Park™? Check out the
parks who are looking to fill rewarding positions in the areas available by
visiting www.campjellystone.com. Please contact the individual parks directly for detailed information.