Live & work on a Texas island in the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy the beach, the sea and cool breezes in a relaxed, tourist filled village.
We are a long established family owned business who works hard seven days a week as a team. But you will have plenty of time off to enjoy beach going, fishing, birding, community theater, etc. We need your skills in house cleaning, laundry, maintenance and repairs. You will need a valid drivers license, and you must be open to learning a well established system.
We offer a free RV site ($700/mo value) with full hook ups and nice amenities like pool, cable TV and WiFi. We need you to clean and maintain six cottages on a one acre site. This is a year round position with flexible time off. But, the busiest season is May through September when workloads and weekly pay will be MUCH higher. So the right couple interested in only seasonal work for big summer pay is also a possibility.
- You must be well organized and pay attention to detail. OCD is okay with us!
- Knowledge of cleaning and laundry techniques, plus routine maintenance and repairs is required.
- For housekeeping, you must be physically fit for carrying linens and supplies, or for flipping a king size mattress and scrubbing stuff.
- For maintenance, you must be physically fit for climbing a ladder, digging a hole, trimming trees or servicing a pool.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Both of you must be pleasant and well spoken for assisting guests.
- You must be open to learning a well established system.
- You must have your own very decent RV. However, a very decent motorhome is a BIG plus.
- We provide full hook-ups on-site.
- You are responsible for metered electricity at $0.149/per kWh.
- Starting date is anytime, but the sooner, the better.
- Requires a minimum commitment through Labor Day in September.
- This is a NO DRAMA zone!
- This is an incredible opportunity for the right folks! Now come enjoy some island time.
Give us lots of information about yourself and we will do the same in return!