POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Lead Cook, Dishwasher, Prep Cook, Dining Room Attendant
OBJECTIVE: Implement and supervise food service production and dining room operation.
• Degree in culinary arts and/or two years of formal experience in food production management
• Knowledge of appropriate operating regulations, licenses and codes.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Current Food Service Handler and Serve Safe certification
• Skilled in menu development, scheduling, and ordering within budgeted costs
• Ability to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
• Effective written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
REPORTS TO: Food Service Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Participate in, coordinate and supervise all food service activities and staff.
• Instruct, mentor, motivate and train staff in the proper use of equipment and food
• All aspects of Food Service Assistant and Dish Room position descriptions
• Assist with purchasing, receiving and storage of supplies and equipment, ensuring timely arrival.
• Maintain organized work and storage areas.
• Comprehend and execute operating, safety, and cleaning instructions of all food service equipment.
• Supervise all food handling, preparation, storage, and meal service ensuring properHACCP procedures.
• Provide approved food substitutions based on special dietary requirements, religious restrictions, or food allergies.
• Provide menu substitutions based on fluctuation in guest volume or products available from Food Banks.
• Perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Any additional duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Must be able properly lift at least 50 pounds from ground level to counter top, bend, reach,mop, clean, stand on feet for long periods of time (12+ hrs) and withstand extreme
temperature hot and cold