Heritage Sporting Club – LaSalle, CO (35 Miles North of Denver)
About Heritage Sporting Club:
Heritage Sporting Club is an outdoor sporting club that has all recreational rights to Milton Reservoir, a beautiful 4 square mile property with a 2.5 square mile lake just 35 miles North of Denver. Milton Reservoir is the largest private reservoir within an hour of Denver. During the summer, Heritage Sporting Club operates a private water sports club. With 115 watersports lots available, Heritage Sporting Club allows members to keep their campers and boats onsite throughout the watersports season. The watersports program creates a very family-friendly environment for outdoor enthusiasts that love to waterski, wakeboard, wake surf, and tube. Throughout the fall and winter, Heritage Sporting Club operates two hunting memberships, a waterfowl club that operates on the lake and an upland club that operates on the surrounding property. The waterfowl club is limited to 20 members and the upland club is limited to 100 members.
Heritage Sporting Club at Milton Reservoir is a private club where our members can bring their families to enjoy beautiful summer days water skiing, sunbathing on the beach, and talking around a campfire at night. Our club is a community of families who watch out for each other and create family memories together.
Do you enjoy spending your days at the lake? Looking to be part of a great team at a growing company? Want to help enrich the Heritage Sporting Club family?
Check out our lake here: https://youtu.be/kAnuTnLbMLA
Check out our website here:
Our Mission Statement:
Our mission is to create a sanctuary that embodies the sportsman’s lifestyle, cultivates heartfelt family moments, and preserves our heritage for generations to come.
Introduction & Purpose:
This is a part-time summer position on weekends and holidays to support our summer water sports membership. Our lake host ensures that our members are having a safe and enjoyable time on our property as well as ensuring compliance of our ANS policy. As a customer-facing team member, it is critical they embody the values of our club.
- Welcoming new members and showing them around the lake.
- Ensuring all boats entering or exiting the property has been inspected for Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS). More information on ANS can be found on CPW’s website: http://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/ISP-ANS.aspx
- Ensure members and guests have the appropriate permits visible.
- Educating members and their guests on our rules and ensuring everyone is within policy.
- Helping with trail and site improvements as needed.
- Selling items and keeping inventory in our convenience store.
- Helping with lake or member events.
- Getting to know our members by name so they feel welcome and valued every time they come.
- Reporting any unsafe activities or rule violations to management.
- Respond to and report any emergencies.
- Assisting with property maintenance as needed
- Assisting with paperwork as needed
- Must stay onsite during the work weekend.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Must attend and pass a two-day ANS Certification Course to become a CPW Certified State Inspector. Class is provided by the state. Certification training is free, but certification time is unpaid.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This is a seasonal position. Our camping season goes from April 1, 2022 – September 11, 2022.
This position requires you to be onsite and on-call during the camping season from: Friday at 12:00 pm to Sunday at 8 pm, except:
- Memorial Weekend: Friday, May 27, 12:00 pm, to Monday, May 30, 6:00 pm
- July 4th Weekend: Friday, July 1st, 12:00 pm to Tuesday, July 5, 6:00 pm
- Labor Day Weekend: Friday, September 2, 12:00 pm to Monday, September 5, 6:00 pm
Our posted boat inspection hours for our members are from Friday 12 pm -Monday 8 pm each weekend. On holiday weekends, inspection hours are extended as shown above. Posted hours may change if the need arises. During posted hours, a response time of fewer than 10 minutes is expected from notification (call/text) to meeting the member is expected.
Due to our membership model, our inspection volume is significantly below that of a public lake. Demand that requires multiple inspections in a row is typically limited to Friday night, Saturday morning, and Sunday evening.
You may leave the lake if approved by the club manager or foreman after ensuring ANS inspection coverage is onsite and available. This should be pre-coordinated to allow a 2-hour absence up to one time per weekend.
In addition to boat inspections, a final “walk-through” through the lots at the start of “quiet hours” (10 pm) is required to ensure all lots are in compliance.
When not completing official duties for the company, you will be off duty. You may enjoy the property within the guidelines of club and employee policies.
- Expense reimbursement. All reasonable and customary employee-incurred Company business related-expenses incurred by you will be reimbursed monthly by the Company. Expenses must be pre-approved by the club manager in writing and in accordance with the standard policies of the Company as in place from time to time and compliance with the reasonable requirements of the Company (providing receipts, etc.).
- RV Lot You will receive a company lot to place your RV for the season without charge.
- Electrical Hookup Electrical hook-up is available and included for the season without charge.
- Water Tank and Septic Pump Out You will be provided a water tank and water. Periodic septic pump-out will also be provided.
- Company Phone. You will receive a company phone to be used for business purposes.
- 2 Weekend Off. At your option, you may take up to two weekends off during the season. It may not be consecutive or a holiday weekend, and it must be pre-approved in writing at a minimum of two weeks in advance by the club manager. These weekends will not affect your contingent bonus, but no straight time or bonus will be earned during that weekend.
$1,500-2,000 per month DOE with an end-of-season performance bonus.