Reporting to the Community Development Officer (CDO), the Campground Host assists with operation and maintenance of the Logan Lake Municipal Campground. This position is responsible for assisting guests with all inquiries and concerns outside of regular Staff hours.
If you are an experienced camper and interested in sharing your love of the outdoors and the Highland Valley, please consider joining us for the 2022 Season. The Campground Host provides a friendly welcoming face to visitors at the Logan Lake Municipal Campground. Whether it’s recommending the best trail to hike, or the newest fishing lure to bait your catch, the Campground Host’s job is to make visitors from around the world feel at home in Logan Lake.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist with the following pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the municipal campground during hours that the campground staff are not scheduled for work:
- Processing of campground reservations/bookings and collection of fees for late entry campers.
- Assist with general cleaning of campground sites.
- Process firewood sales and delivery to camp sites.
- Evening and early morning check of all campground washrooms.
- Ensures facilities are stalked with supplies and standard levels of cleanliness are upheld.
- Provide guests with documentation and ensures the “Campground Rules” are adhered to.
- Other Duties as assigned by the CDO
- Assist guests with inquires and/or concerns.
- Daily walk of the campground to interact with visitors and have a presence throughout the park.
- Duties also include the coordination and monitoring of the campground online/social media accounts. The Campground currently uses Facebook and Instagram for their social media presence.
- The manager/host social media portion of the job may include:
o Gathering pictures and videos to use as content for social media posts.
o Posting on social media, approved content, including District hashtags and taglines.
o Re-posting or liking content.
o Attending Campground and District events.
o Monitoring social media accounts and interacting with guests on social media.
o Increasing social media presence by finding and adding new followers.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year Campground Host work experience.
- Minimum 3 years public relations work experience.
- Have an understanding of social media platforms and the creation of posts including the use of hashtags.
- Ability to exercise courtesy and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Have a contagious love of the outdoors, camping, and a passion for working with people in a positive atmosphere.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated flexibility, sound judgment, and discretion.
- Strong customer service skills.
- First Aid certification.
- Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- RCMP Criminal Record and/or Vulnerable Sector Check.
This is a contract position with compensation to be negotiated on an individual basis based on previous experience and abilities. As a contractor there are no benefits offered with this position. As part of this package the Host is provided with a full hook-up campsite (Water, Sewer and Power). The expectation is that the Campground Host is present at the campground when Staff is not, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The deadline for applications is Friday, March 25, 2022. The start date for this position is the first week of May. The campground is open until Thanksgiving Monday, which would be the hosts final work day. *Host campsite may be available earlier or can potentially be occupied later if required.
To apply for the Campground Host position please submit an application letter
outlining qualifications and experience to: