Outdoor gun range in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California is looking for a couple to fill Range Safety Officer and Office position 32-40 hours/week Wednesday – Sunday for the Spring 2022 Season. Full training provided/all employees are cross-trained in all positions. Must be able to stand/walk outside for 8+ hours and able to lift 50lbs. Safety is the top priority for all staff. Applicants should be detail-oriented, willing to learn, and comfortable around firearms. Maintenance work shared amongst staff.
All hours paid to start at $14/hour. Full hookup includes electricity, water, sewer, and propane. A private, residential-sized fridge/freezer is available for each couple as well as a personal shed next to your rig for additional outside storage. Shared laundry appliances. Minimum 6-month commitment. Remote location, limited cell service & internet, shared landline. Resident workers have free access to the range Monday – Wednesday when we are closed to the public as well as after work Thursday-Sunday.
Each resident worker will work 32-40 hours per week. You will always work Thursday – Sunday but Wednesdays may depend on available work. We cannot guarantee you a specific number of hours, as this will fluctuate according to the needs of the club.
- Range Safety Officer:
- Ensuring safety for all members and the public on the range. Supervising firearm safety at each range and from the control tower. Enforcing range rules and providing coaching when appropriate. Communicating with fellow staff via radios. Working as an RSO requires standing and walking on the asphalt outside for your entire shift.
- Helping to maintain a clean range, cutting tar paper for target frames, making target frames, replacing target frames as needed and any miscellaneous painting or projects needed to ensure the range is in good working order. It May entail using a blower or rakes and brooms, and grass cutting or weeding in specific areas. Sorting recyclables, casings, and other maintenance projects.
- Pro Shop/Office:
- Cashiering: assisting customers with checking into range, testing and reviewing safety rules with new customers, collecting range fees, handling cash, running credit card machine, selling ammunition, targets, snacks.
- Inventory stocking and tracking
- Providing other miscellaneous office assistance.
- Cleaning public restrooms
Clean office, break room, picnic area, and other miscellaneous cleaning as needed.
- Water plants, rake leaves, tend flower beds.
Help with Memorial Day and Labor Day member picnics occurring during your tenure.
- Cleaning public restrooms
Expectations of work campers:
- Be respectful and courteous towards all staff and guests.
- Keep the personal area clean and contribute to the overall cleanliness of the range.
- Keep shared areas clean such as the laundry facility.
- Quiet time is from 10 pm to 8 am.
- Alcoholic beverage consumption must be kept on your porch or in your RV.
- The ability to have fires pits is subject to the fire season.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash when outside your RV. Picking up your dog’s waste is required.
- Golf Carts are for range use only.
- Use of TV/Radio outdoors requires the use of headphones.
- Any work to your rig area needs to be preapproved by the Board Members.