Hiring Happy Kampers! Port Lavaca/Matagorda Bay KOA Holiday offers gorgeous views of the bay, great fishing, over 15 amenities and some dolphin watching! Winner of Founder and President Awards FOUR YEARS IN A ROW SINCE WE OPENED!
We currently have 9 accommodations, 5 bath/showers, guest laundry, arcade, clubhouse, pizza cafe and watersports.
We are posting openings for housekeeping, clubhouse and maintenance for summer.
Housekeeping Responsibilities would include cleaning and preparing cabins and/or sites for guest, gathering litter, watering plants, cleaning golf carts, and cleaning and maintaining amenities.
This could be a single worker, a housekeeping/maintenance team, or a Clubhouse/maintenance team.
Clubhouse Responsibilities would include cleaning and preparing sites for our guest, cleaning and maintaining amenities, making pizza and serving guest, launching and storing water sports, working with plants and gathering litter.
This could be a single worker, or a clubhouse/maintenance team.
Building And Grounds Maintenance Responsibilities
- You must be able to operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, Skid Steer or Bobcat, chain saws and pruning saws.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance.
- Blow leaves from walks, driveways, sites or parking lots and spread weed killer in those areas.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, seeding, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings or fences using hand or power tools.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, weed killer, herbicides, or insecticides onto sites, grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sites, sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, amenities or other grounds features.
- Complete repairs such as plumbing, electrical, heating, replacing filters, light bulbs, painting, repairs to water lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc.
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures (work is performed outside). Move, lift, and carry items weighing up to 50lbs without assistance. Constant standing, walking, lifting, climbing, and repetitive motions.
These could be a single worker, a clubhouse/maintenance team, or a housekeeping/maintenance team.
We are looking for help starting now, through the spring and summer, with the possibility of staying for the winter. The campground offers beautiful views of the bay and possibly some dolphin watching!
We’re looking for someone who has great people skills, hardworking and the willingness to help out where needed. We are posting openings for housekeeping, clubhouse and maintenance for summer.