Campground: Stony Brook Recreation, Route 2, Hanover Maine 04237
Located in western Maine just 25 miles from New Hampshire’s White Mountains.
Small (75 sites) family-owned campground in operation for over 35 years.
Serve as liaison between park users & park owners.
1.May work in-store/office, make reservations, greet and assist campground guests and visitors, be able to answer questions, and explain regulations that apply to them.
2.May be assigned to clean campsites by performing minor maintenance tasks such as raking the campsite pad, washing tables, cleaning out fire rings, picking up litter, reporting any damage to campground owner/manager.
3.Other tasks that might be asked of a Workamper include:
• Lawn mowing, raking, trimming, or weeding
• Cleaning restrooms, rec hall, and/or pavilion
• Staining/painting picnic tables, fences, other structures in the park
• Assisting campers in finding the assigned site
• Shuttling canoers and kayakers as well as hikers to and from Appalachian Trail
Work is often performed outside in various kinds of weather conditions. Walking is required. Knowledge of four-wheeler operations is helpful.
- The use of a campsite and all utilities at no charge for the duration of the term of service
- Use of all recreation facilities
- 25% off of prepared foods in store
- 10% off most store supplies
- Free meal and beverages while actively working
- Ability to get along well with people.
- Ability to remain calm and friendly when confronted with upset visitors.
- Ability to physically get out and make rounds through the camping area.
- Ability to adapt to changing work conditions.
- A good knowledge of the park and surrounding area.
20 hours of service time per week per site which may include weekends and holidays
Supervision and Training Provided:
Supervised by Park Owner or his/her designee. Trained in campground locations, rules, and regulations, as well as specific job responsibilities
Please contact Shirley Powell, owner, via email or text at 2075572392.