We are looking for a couple or team of 2 people, living in one RV for the position of Campground Host.(Required to live on-site full-time). Due to the requirements and remoteness of the job, we will only offer the position to a team of 2 people.
We are looking to hire 1 team for each location.
Location: West Side of Harrison Lake in the Fraser Valley of BC.
- Grace Lake is located approximately 2km up the Sts’ailes Forest Service Road.
- Twenty Mile Bay is located approximately 35km up the Sts’ailes Forest Service Road.
Term: Position will commence May/June and run until September/October
Wage: This is a contract position. You will be an independent contractor, not an employee.
- Wages are a percentage of net revenue from camping permits
- Fuel Expense compensation provided for use of personal generator, for business purposes.
- Shared revenue from Firewood sales.
- 100% of revenue from recyclable bottles and cans.
- You must provide your own self contained camping unit (Camper, Trailer, RV or Motorhome) to live on-site for the duration of the season. This is dry camping and there are no hook-ups available
- Generator is required
- Reliable Vehicle and Valid BC Driver’s License (min. class 5) required
- Must pass a background and criminal record check
- High school or equivalent education
- Handyman/woman skills are an asset
- Excellent customer service skills and experience required
- Must be energetic and physically fit
- Cleaning and maintaining campsites, day use areas, and all public areas of the property
- Basic landscaping duties including raking and trimming of branches, etc.
- Maintenance of washroom facilities which includes sweeping and cleaning the outhouses, and minor repairs as required
- Revenue Collection (collecting camping fees, issuing user permits, supplying revenue reports and cash-outs sheets)
- The sale of firewood
- Ensure campground areas are patrolled and guests are abiding by the campground usage guidelines and enforcing quiet hours
Skills and Abilities:
- Cash handling experience
- General computer knowledge
- General computer knowledge and the ability to use email efficiently
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment
- Resourceful and able to work independently in remote locations
- Ability to defuse confrontational situations in an effective manner
We highly recommend that you review our website and campground information before applying.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.